1) Naiad interface.
2) Create a project folder for the simulate fluid tutorial.
3) Configuring the Global node:
–Master Voxel Size: is for the increase or decrease of the overall resolution of the fluids, for more resolution decrease the numer, default is 0.1.
–Thread Count: put in the number of CPU´s cores/threads you have.
–Proyect Path: put the path into the project folder created.
4) Save the file as starter.ni or choose a name you want.
5) Create a sphere for emit starting with holding down the TAB key (node menu) then select the node Sphere-Volume from the volume section, this creates the sphere node.
6) Add the node Particle-Liquid to define the fluid with the TAB key type Particle-Liquid and create the node.
7) Now we create the emitter, add the node Liquid-Emit-Distance and connect it with the Particle-Liquid. The default enabled 1, means that emit in the entire animation, 0 is disabbled, for emit only 40 frames is frame<40, emit only 1 frame is frame==numer of frame, example: frame==1, also can emit 2 times in diferent frames: frame==1||frame==15.
8) Add the node Field-Export for the Sphere can emit, then type distance in field channel. Connect both Sphere-Volume and Liquid-Emit-Distance as a distance (d) icon.
9) Then you create the container for filling the water by collide. Add the node Box-Mesh and scale as 5.5.5 or a size of your choosing.
10) Next, add the node Mesh-Volume for the Box-Mesh. Because this is a mesh model, connect it the Value Editor of Mesh-Volume enter it in as invert in Boolean Operation section, this makes it collide inside.
11) Add the Node Join and connect both Liquid-Emit-Distance and Mesh-Volume to Join for the collision.
12) Add Gravity with the node Acceleration and connect.
13) Add the dynamic node for solve forces, collisions and more.
14) Add a node Filter to save only for the Particle-Liquid instead of all, leave the name as Particle-Liquid in bodies.
15) Add the Emp-Terminal node to save the fluid, the default is Unnamed.#.emp, you can rename it, remember check the green icon for activate.
16) Move up the Sphere-Volume a bit with translate manipulation W key or by typing in position attribute.
17) Finally add the Particle-Scope node , activate the green icon to view the particles in scope view/3D and play the simulation.
NAIAD File: DOWNLOAD
Hope you enoyed it!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.